There are many different lenses for examining history. If your topic is well-known and extensively written about, consider how you might add to the conversation. Can you examine the topic from an unusual lens?
- Political history (the history of a nation, between nations, the history of government and power)
- Economic history (trade, finance, taxes)
- Social history (minority and marginal groups, gender, race, relations between social groups)
- Intellectual history (of ideas, education, of disciplines)
- Religious history (beliefs, practice, structures)
- Cultural history (popular culture, material culture, consumption, art)
- Environmental history (relations between humans + environment, history of natural environment, of industry)